Friday 25 January 2008

Touristy things and whats happening this weekend

Hallo!!! My german is improving slightly this week as I have started to make friends with a few of the Mothers on the School run and one of them only speaks german!!! So it must improve! The subjects I will be covering today are (I feel like a newsreporter or teacher writing that!): My Tourist Day, This Weekend, Packages from Home, Shopping (Again!), Photos (Finally) and an Update on life with the Boys. Sounds interesting (and long!) eh? Lets get to it then!

My Tourist Day

Yesterday after dropping the Kids to schoola nd waiting for a bit I wander off into Köln to do a bit of tourist things, sucj as going to the Dom and buying small presents and things (My mother collects spoons, you know the ones!) I basically wondered around the side streets and I found some interesting places which I counldnt read the signs! I found what looked liked a building built over ruins, it was strange see the pic below


This Weekend

For a change I have a plan for this weekend! Tonight I am doing the usual and going to ExCorner to meet friends, but on saturday I have found the Köln equivilant to Freakscene!! (See Post) I am all excited and one of the girls from TT is coming with me! Yay!!

Packages from Home

Have I told ye how much I love (and miss) my mother? Well yesterday and unexpected package arrived for me. I recognised the writing straight off as being my mothers and I thought she had sent over post from home. I opened it up and there was a copy of The Pheonix in it! I love you Mum!!!!


Shopping (Again)
So while on my tourist day I started wondering in and out shops not buying much till I came to H&M. They had their final reductions on a lot of stuff and I picked up a nice hat and bracelet for a 1€ each! Alos went to the English Shop (Again) for those who are wondering this is what I normally buy in the English Shop

* The Gaurdain
* Mi Wadi (Blackcurrant)
* Dubliner Cheese
* Pop Tarts (Chocloate)
* Cadburys Instant Hot Chocolate (Not low fat, sorry Claire!)
* Cadburys Chocolate (Dairy Milk or buttons!)

Lol, a short list I know, might treat myself to a Hershey's bar in the future. I live on those when I was in the US.

Photos (Finally!)

So I finally got around to putting some photos up on Facebook!
Album 1
Album 2

Enjoy and leave comments! (On the photos and the blogs!)

Update on life with the Boys

So the boys have fully realised the amount of German I know and have taken to use it as a Secret language around me. They are not allowed to this this! The rule in the house if you are talking around or about me it has to be in English! Otherwise things are going well. The boys for the most part do what they are told and have taken to singing the songs I have thought them! yay! I am really enjoying working with the boys and though they fight (alot) I get on with them both, though the regular cry is "Its not Fair...!" Every parent knows that. The kids ahve taken to watching TV everynight now that they are back to school and we normally watch Jim Knopf and Pur+, nice programs which I might blog on later.