Friday 18 April 2008

Rhymes

Since I came here I have discovered alot of old Nursery Rhymes and rhymes about things have come back to me. For example I have taught the Boys "Ring a' Ring a' Rosy", its great fun on the trampoline.

The other night there was a Red Sky and of course that rhyme instantly came into my head.

Red sky at night, shepard’s delight. Red sky in morning, shepard’s warning


I always liked that one and its turned out true. There was another on last night and it seams to be holding true again! Though it might be cold, it was 0°C leaving the house yesterday it was a gorgeous day! Hopefully today will be too!

Another rhyme that has been bugging me and the boys have latched on to despite the fact I cant remember the whole thing, is the one about magpies!

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
Seven for a secret
Never to be told


Of course my normal way for avoiding the Sorrow is to wave at the magpie, though when my sis was here she said something that the boys prefer, "Touch Green, Never Seen" I personally dont remember that one, but it works it seams!

Now the last ryhme is one my Mum taught me and I can never get right though its in my head alot at the moment about months of the year, I googled it and I found a site that has no less then 67 versions of that, trying to find the one my mum thought was fun! though there are some really fun ones there! I hope I picked the right one!

30 days hath September
April, June and November
all the rest have 31
save February with 28

but once in four
has 1 day more.


Hope these have inspired you to remember your childhood rhymes!

Tschüss
Steve