Tuesday 22 April 2008

Domestic God Test: The result

So I never got around to posting this yesterday for a myriad of reasons, all connected to minding children and very little time at the PC. So lets review my weekend then.

Friday was the easiest day. Got Döner and chips for dinner and watched "Im Dutzend billiger", "Cheaper by the Dozen" in english. Good show, boys went to bed easily.

Saturday I went to collect the friend while leaving the boys to do their chores and practice their instruments, now I didnt trust them to do this so I set traps, ie a pencil on the piano, and when I came back pencil still there. I tackled Timo. He admitted he hadnt practised. Then I tackled Malte, asked did I have to check the accordian for the trap (there was none) but Timo shouted out he hadnt done it!

I started getting the food ready at this point and the potatoe peeler refused to work for me. Eventually Malte came in and offered to do it, he peeled all the potatoes for the Shepards Pie. Was delighted with him. Eventually I got everything cooked and sat down to eat. Malte isnt a great fan of meet, especially when onions are involved so I ended up his meet, BUT I had to share it with Timo! It went down a strom, we saved some for the parents who also liked it on Sunday, will be cooking again it seams...

We got Timo ready and brought him to his birthday party and me and Malte returned to the house, I did a small bit of cleaning and then we started watching Dr. Who. I have become addicted to the new series and love it. The boys liked it too, Timo arrived home halfway through it. Now the boys are one of those annyoing people who have ask questions about hypotheticals from a TV show. this drives me mad, so I had to refuse to answer questions. After a bit of restitance, the boys eventually went to bed.

Sunday of course was the day I had set aside to go to the Rheinepark, now German parks are something else, this one even had a kleinbahn! Which we went on. The weather was glorious so while the kids played I read a book, it was sheer bliss. We eventually returned home, just before the parents!

So the verdict, granted these are self assesed!

cook: a shocking distinction
clean: A merit, Its not a strong point, but managed it
shop; Distinction, did what was required and then some
get boys up in the moring: pass, as they did it themselves
get one ready for birthday party, take hime to the birthday party: pass, wasnt exemplary or anything
make sure they are clean: They were clean all weekend, however I managed it I dont know!

I think I am therefore a Domestic God! :D

As people used to say before, I'll make a great house wife some day! :D