Thursday 21 February 2008

KVB go on strike

Well the KVB (Dont ask what it stands for) the company that run the tranport here in Köln are on strike tomorrow. Not good. This is how we get to school every day! Thankfully the Boys Oma (or Opa) will take them instead so I only have to get them up, fed and dressed! I am told the trams and buses will be back running as normal at 9am, but I am not going to venture into Köln just in case.

I just remembered I regularly break KVB rules by drinking on the trams! Oh and by the way if you are ever in Köln buy a ticket (or welcome card, it covers you on the trams) as the fines are steep!! A friend was caught recently 40,-€ on the spot fine! ouch!

I managed to survive the day off and came up with enough things to keep the boys occupied! so am wrecked and have no ideas for the next few days, thank god for the weekend and the rugby!

Okay, thats it for now, oh I'm finally getting my haircut tomorrow. I am being extremely lazy and having it done in the house. Am actually afraid to go to a hairdressers cause of the language difficulty!

Any way tschüss!
Steve