Sunday 24 February 2008

Important: The difference between Irlander(in) and Irlandich

So I finally figured out what I have been saying wrong and confusing the Germans. I normally say (well used to) "Ich bin Irlandich" which means "I am Irish Language!" Ooops! So the proper way to say it is Ich bin Irlander" or "Irlanderin" for those of the feminine persuasion. That means "I am an Irishman" or "Irishwoman". Of course it is easier again to say "Ich komme aus Irland"!

If like me, you dont look Irish (thank you foreign lineage), people get confused and think I am a number of nationalities which I have mapped out below!




I have been told I am from:
  • France (Speak French with a French accent)

  • UK (Close)

  • USA (argh! NO!)

  • Ireland (people get it right now and then)

  • Italy (Theres Italian blood somewhere back along!)

  • Greece

  • Spain

  • Portugal

  • Tunisa

  • India

  • Pakistan

  • Netherlands

  • Iran

  • Germany (When I was in the US)

  • Romania (Could pass before as one of my Romanians friends brother!)


Okay, thats enough about nationalities!
Tschüss!
Steve