Wednesday 13 February 2008

German Txt Spk


I was flicking through one of my german phrase books the other day and I can across a section on texting, or SMS here in Germany. It was really interesting. So here is a few SMS sprechen! Oh they do use alot of English ones such as 4U etc. So if you see these in an SMS from me you will know what they mean!

N8 - Gute Nacht (Good night)
STN - SchönenTag noch! (Have a nice day!)
3st - Das war dreist (That was cheeky!)
FF - Fortsetzung Folgt (To be continued)
RUMIN - Ruf mich an (Phone me)
TWU - Treffen wir uns? (Shall we meet)
BIGBED - Bin gleich bei dir (I'll be there soon)
BSG - Brauch sofort Geld (I need money urgently)
HASE - Habe sehnsacht (Miss you)
DAD - Denk an dich (Thinking of you)
BSE - Bin so einsam (I feel so lonely)
MAD - Mag Dich (I like you)
ILD - Ich Liebe Dich (I love you)
*freud* - Ich freue mich (I'm happy)
*heul* - Ich bin traurig (I'm sad)

Anyone know any more german text speak? send it to me as a comment or an email!

UPDATE: So Joe, my fount of information when it comes to german and germany suggests another two but fogets my German is Scheiße. Thank god for google translate!

he adds

*gg* - Großes Grinsen (Big Grin)
*fg* - Fettes Grinsen (Fat Grin)

he then gives me the link to the Deutsch Wikipedia page on German Txt Spk. Have a look. it might as well be double dutch to me!