Sunday 4 May 2008

Deutsch, Francais unt/et/and English

Okay this week has been really interesting (read weird) on the language front. On thursday before a coffee meet I went to Subway. As usaul, I had my speil (not game) ready. Then as usual I get asked something I dont know, so I responded in English. The Girl didnt speak English so she spoke to me in French. I studied it for 8 years so its okay. But the problem is I haven't used it in ages. So everytime she said something in French, I responded in German!

We muddled through anyway we the two languages!

Then on friday the old Au Aupir, Rebecca arrived. The thing is shes English, but now lives in France so hasnt had to use English for awhile which means we speak in French! She sometimes speaks german to me which leads the rest of the family to speak to me in German! Its all getting confusing! The thing is I am beginning to understand the German to a degree, I just cant speak it! Ich Sprache kein Deutsch!