Monday 3 March 2008

I slept throug Hurricane Emma

On friday night I did my usual thing and went out for a few Drecksack in my local, okay so my local is in Rudolfplatz not Ostheim, buts its where I am every Friday and Saturday night, unless there is a TT meetup. Anyway there was a storm warning me not knowing the strength of it, I hadnt been online, decided I better not get the last tram and head home earlish. I was home for 02:30am (CET). Good thing I did as the storm was only just beginng to hit here in Ostheim. It was Hurricane Emma which is(was?) sweeping across Central Europe leaving a trail of badly damaged trees and giving a few planes a scary landing!

Here in Ostheim, the road I live a tree fell down and closed the road. It fell at 07:00am. Do you think I heard it? Nope, I barely woke up when the Fire Brigade where outside cutting up the tree! So I don't have pictures (sorry!)

My Mother was always right, I'd sleep through anything!

More news on Hurrican Emma from Spiegel Online (Yes its in English!)