Sunday 18 November 2007

Why? Why? Why!?!?!

Most questions I seam to get asked when I tell people I'm moving to Germany to be an Au pair their questions seam to start with 'why' or sometimes that is the question! So I will answer them here for any of you that are wondering!

Why an Au Pair?
Yes I know I studied Government and Public Policy but as part of my course I did Social Studies modules and thats what kept me in College (until I failed Economics..Again). I love working with Kids and have done so since I was 17. Im always the one looking after children at family gatherings even though I'm 21 and the second oldest Grandson I'm still one of the kids!!

Why Germany?

Well I must sya this is a valid question as I dont speak German, I speak French! Well I fell in love with Germany when I was 17 when I visited Munich on a School Tour (Thats the second time 17 has come up! will it come up again??) and completely fell in love with the place. I visited again when I was 19 on scout camp to Pfadfinderburg Rieneck south of Franfurt and fell in Love with the German way of life as we were in the middle of no where and I absolutely loved it. I got offered jobs as an au pair all over the Europe and the US, in France, Switzerland, Italy and the UK but I jumped at the opportunity to go to Germany especially Cologne as I have heard so much about it!

How did you get the job?

Wll I advertised on greataupair.com and got a message from the family. (You will notice I am not mentioning anything about the family on this blog as I have yet to gain permission to do so from them. Ill get in contact with them this week eventually!) I must say it was an excellent offer and I would have been a fool to turn it down and I can't wait!

Any more questions? Ask away!